Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Q & A With Top Prospect Tyler Greene


Tyler Greene, a 6'3 175 SS out of Lassiter High School in Boca Raton, FL, recently answered a few questions for the blog. Heading into his junior year, the Georgia commit currently ranks at number 40 in Perfect Game's latest rankings.

1. Congrats on signing with the Georgia Bulldogs. Was this an easy decision for you and what were some of the other schools that were recruiting you and at the top of your list?

Thank you, and yes this was a very easy decision for me. I always loved the University of Georgia and wanted to be a bulldog the minute I saw the campus. At the time I had a lot of SEC scools after me and USF which was where my brother had signed to. But for me I always wanted to go to Georgia so there was no other schools I had in mind.

2. At what point in your life did you realize you were a gifted player and could do something special with the game of baseball?

I realized my 7th grade year when I started on the Varsity team at Coral Springs Christian Academy that I had a chance to do something special with my life.

3. What is your favorite personal baseball memory?

I dont really have a favorite memory yet Im just thankful that I get to go out and play the game of Baseball everyday.

4. Who is your favorite baseball team and your favorite player?

My favorite Baseball team is probably my hometown team the Baltimore Orioles. My favorite player is Alex Rodriguez.

5. Have you talked to any of the other players committed to Georgia or with other nationally ranked players?

Yes, I have talked to Sam Bragg, Ralston Cash, and Hunter Cole who are all going to Georgia. I also talked to a lot of great nationally ranked players as well I try to surround myself with people who want the same thing that I do.

6. What are some of you expectations this spring with your high school team and this summer personally, with showcases and tournaments?

Im expecting to have a great High School season and try to help Roswell High School and Coach Mike Powers win a State Championship. Throughout the Summer my goals are to make the Aflac and Under Armour game and also help East Cobb and Coach Baldwin win another National Championship.

7. Being a nationally ranked player, does it make you want to strive harder and how does it effect your daily life and how you go about playing?

It defiantly makes me work harder trying to show everyone that I should be Nationally ranked. It really doesnt effect my daily life I mean I do have a chip on my shoulder cause I not only want to be the # 1 player in the nation but also want to be the #1 2011 Draft Pick.

No comments:

Post a Comment