Monday, December 7, 2009

Q & A With Top Prospect Philip Pfeifer


Philip Pfeifer, a 6'0 195 LHP out of Farragut, TN, recently spent some time filling out answers for me. Currently sitting at number 31 nationally, a good spring and summer will deffinately raise his ranking. His fastball, one of his pitches, currently sits in the low 90's.
1. What are some expectations for this spring with your high school and this summer with travel teams and showcases?
1. This year it's our team's goal to win state again. It would be a state record to win three championships in a row. The past two years we have worked hard on and off the field to win, and this year is no different.
2. At what point in your life did you know you were gifted in baseball and could do something special with the sport?
2. My freshman year I hoped to make the JV team but ended up making varsity and going 13-1
3. Whats your favorite personal baseball memory?
3. Losing to our rival freshman year to put the taste of defeat in my mouth, then winning state that same year to make me crave winning.
4. As a top ranked player in the nation, does it affect your daily life or how you go about pitching?
4. My day is pretty average, only with a lot of practice instead of other hobbies. I love being at the field, so I enjoy it.
5. Who is your favorite player and favorite team to folllow and why?
5. Whitey Ford, because he attacked the zone and took on hitters even though he was only 5'10 and didn't throw as hard as some of the power pitchers of his time. My favorite team is the Yankees, because they're good at winning and hate losing.
6. Do you stay in touch with other top prospects? Like who?
6. Nicky Delmonico and I go to school together so it's pretty fun traveling to stuff with him, and I also keep in touch with all the guys I have played with on the 16u and 18u USA teams.
7. Last question. Have you given a verbal commitment to any school yet? If not, what are some of your favorites high on your list?
7. No, I have decided to wait until this coming summer or fall to make up my mind, after I have a chance to think about where I want to go. I believe that waiting until then will give me the opportunity to get a good enough idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment