Thursday, December 10, 2009

Q & A With Top Prospect Daniel Norris


Hailing from Johnson City, TN, 6-1 170 Daniel Norris finds himself sitting atop the rankings for the class of 2011. He recently answered some questions for me and we will continue to track his progress through out the spring and summer.
1. Being not only the number one pitcher in the state, but you are the number one player in the nation, how does that make you feel and how does it effect your daily life?
1. It truly is a great feeling. It gives me a lot of confidence, but at the same time i have to remain on track and work harder everyday... "It is easier to become number one than to remain number one."
2. At what point in your life did you know that you were a gifted player and could do something special with the game of baseball?
2. Baseball has always been my life.. I realized i could do something special with baseball when i was baptized last year. I was baptized in my baseball uniform but not because i love baseball but because i realized the gift god has given me to reach out to other people that may look up to me.
3. What pitches does your repitoire consist of and where do all your pitches clock in at?
3. Fastball- topped at 96..consistant low to mid 90scureball-78changeup-82
4. What are your expectations for this spring with your high school team and this summer for travel ball and showcases?
4. for the upcoming high school season i would obviously like to win the state championship but if that doesnt happen i would like for our team to be respected by others by the way we play the game and our character.Summer ball- i would set my goal to make myself a better player and help lead my team to a national championship
5. What is your favorite personal baseball memory?
5. my favorite personal baseball memory is probably last summer playing in the connie mack world series in farmington, new mexico.. we had the opportunity to play in front of thousands of fans which is an experience that cant be matched until the next level
6. I've seen you have not committed anywhere yet. What schools are at the top of your list which ones have you liked the best so far?
6. just taking the decision to heart and making sure i make the right one but at the top of my list right now is probably clemson, vanderbilt and north carolina.
7. Last question. Do you keep in touch with other nationally ranked players that youve become friends with over the years?

1 comment: