Thursday, December 10, 2009

Q & A With Top Prospect Ryan Harris




A commit to the University of Florida, Ryan Harris, a 6-1 185 RHP from West Palm Beach, FL, currently sits at number 17 according to the national rankings. With a fastball clocking in at the low 90's already, his ranking and fastball will improve greatly over time.

1. First off, congrats on signing with the Florida Gators. Was this an easy decision for you and what made Florida your choice over other top teams recruiting you?

1 .Deciding on Florida was a pretty easy decision to make for me. Florida was my top pick because I really like Coach O'Sullivan and i believe that he can help me develop as a player. Also I’ve always been a Florida baseball fan and they have one of the top programs in the country

2. Do you see yourself long term as a pitcher or as a postion player?

2. I see myself in the long run as a pitcher

3. When pitching, what pitches does your repitoire consist of, where do each of the pitcher clock in at and what is your favorite to throw?

3. I throw a fastball (4 and 2 seam) a splitter and a slider

4. Being a nationally ranked player, does it make you want to strive harder and how does it effect your daily life and how you go about your pitching?

4. Being nationally ranked doesn’t really make a difference in my daily life being recognized as one of the nation’s top players is an honor but I try not to get to caught up in rankings. I work hard and try to get better everyday to get better and be a better competitor. Being nationally ranked is just a bonus.

5. What's your favorite personal baseball memory?

5. My favorite baseball memory is from last year in a school game when i went 4 for 4 with two singles, a 2 run homerun and a walk off grand slam. We beat our rival team 7 to five and I had 6 RBI’s.

6. Who's your favorite baseball player and favorite team?

6. My favorite Pro baseball team is the Cardinals; favorite player might be either Rick Ankiel or Mariano Rivera

7. Last question. Have you talked to any of the other recruits, as there are a lot, that have already signed with Florida?

7. Yes i have talked with some of the Florida recruits. I am Real good friends with Kyle Smith who recently committed in the past few months and i am friends with Winker who I saw in Gainesville at the UF vs. FSU football game.

No comments:

Post a Comment