Sunday, December 6, 2009

Q & A With Top Prospect Nicky Delmonico


The 26 ranked prospect according to Perfect Game, Nicky Delmonico, just finished answering questions for the site. He is listed at 6-3 208, attending Farragut High School in Knoxville, TN.
1. What are some expectations for this spring with your high school and this summer with travel teams and showcases?
I think we have a good shot to win another state championship. We have a lot of good guys that know how to win. In the summer I plan on getting stronger and quicker for my Senior year.
2. At what point in your life did you know you were gifted in baseball and could do something special with the sport?
When I played for the 16u USA team. It gave me the confidence that I could compete with anyone on the field.
3. Whats your favorite personal baseball memory?
Being the Bat Boy for my Dad at the University of Tennessee. Greatest time in my life.
4. As a top ranked player in the nation, does it affect your daily life or how you go about playing?
Baseball is what I love.. It doesn't effect my daily life but makes me push myself to be the best.
5. Who is your favorite player and favorite team to folllow and why?
Derek Jeter and the Dodgers. Derek jeter plays the game right and is a great teammate. He always gives his teammates the glory rather than himself. The Dodgers have a lot of good guys that like to play the game.
6. Last question. Have you given a verbal commitment to any school yet? If not, what are some of your favorites high on your list?
No. Growing up, being around the SEC. I would like to play in that conference.

No comments:

Post a Comment