Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Q & A With Top Prospect Nick Burdi

A member of the 2011 class, Nick Burdi is a 6'3 175 RHP out of Downers Grove South in IL. A commit to Louisville, Burdi is currently the 48th ranked prospect, respectively, in his class and a strong spring/summer will only better his cause.

1. Congrats on signing with the Louisville Cardinals. Was this an easy decision for you and what were some of the other schools that were recruiting you and at the top of your list?

1. Louisville is a great place and I am truly blessed for the opportunity that they have given me. When I first drove into the campus I knew this is the place I wanted to continue my baseball career. Coach McDonnell has done a great job down there turning the program around, also Coach Williams has a great track recorded of getting his pitchers to the next level, Coach Lemonis is a great guy and has treated me great ever since we first met. Overall this program is going in the right direction and that's what made me make the decision of choosing the University of Louisiville. Other top schools that were on the top of my list were LSU, FSU, UNC, and Clemson.

2. At what point in your life did you realize you were a gifted player and could do something special with the game of baseball?

2. Baseball had been apart of my life since I had been growing up, but I didn't think that I would be in the position that I am in today. I was just an average player my whole until my freshman summer when I saw my fastball jump up to 86 mph. This is when I realized that I was given a special talent for the game of baseball.

3. What is your favorite personal baseball memory?

3. My favorite baseball memory would have to be getting 3rd place in the state tournament this past summer.

4. Who is your favorite baseball team and your favorite player?

4.My favorite baseball would have to the Boston Red Sox and I enjoy watching Josh Beckett and John Lester pitch for them. My favorite baseball player would have to be Josh Beckett.

5. What pitches do you throw and where do they usually clock in at?


5. I have 4 pitches that I throw a fastball, change up, curveball, and slider. My fastball goes any where from 89-92 mph, change up 78-80 mph, curveball 75-78 mph, and slider 80-83.

6. What are some of you expectations this spring with your high school team and this summer personally, with showcases and tournaments?

6. This spring are high school team is counting the days down till the season starts. We feel that we have the chance to do something special and get our name out there. We expect nothing but perfection this year and want to win a state championship. This summer will be pretty busy for me, I will be attending Area code showcase, silver and black showcase, and PG Nationals. Also my goals for the summer is to be apart of Team USA, Aflac and Under Armour All-American games. I will most likely be participating in the WWBA 18u and 17u Georgia tournament.

7. Being a nationally ranked player, does it make you want to strive harder and how does it effect your daily life and how you go about playing?

7. The way I look at being nationally ranked is that there is 47 kids out there that have been working harder then me and I need to get to there level. Kids at my school like to give me a hard time for being ranked nationally but I just laugh and let them have good time with it. I play even harder being ranked because people are looking at you do the right thing on the field so I try to do everything right and set a good example.

1 comment: