Sunday, December 6, 2009

Q & A With Top Prospect Carson Baranik


Carson Baranik, a top prospects out of Bossier City, LA, recently commited to play with the LSU Tigers. The 6'3 205 RHP respectively sits at number 35 on a national level.

1. First off, congrats on signing with the LSU Tigers. Being a LA kid, was this an easy decision for you to make? What were some of the things that geared you more towards LSU then to some of the other schools that wanted you?

1. Being from Louisiana you grow up wathcing LSU and hoping one day you get the chance to be there. I also had interest in going to Arkansas or Texas because they are both great academic schools and have alot of oppertunities on the field but in my heart it was LSU all the way.

2. As a pitcher, what pitches do you have in your repitoire, where do they clock in at and what is your favorite pitch to throw?

2. I have a 2-seam fastball witch i throw 90% of the time and it has been clocked as fast as 94 mph. I throw a spike curve at 74-75, a slider that has been up to 85 and a change thats around 80. My favorite pitch to throw would have to be the slider because its always been my go to pitch even if the counts 3-2 so i just have alot of confidence in it.

3. What was your favorite personal baseball memory?

3. My favorite would have to be pitching in the pg national showcase, you just played the best guys in the country and it was alot of fun.

4. Being a nationally ranked pitcher, does that have an effect on how your pitch and on your daily life outside of baseball?

4. Being nationaly ranked is a great honar and i know alot of other players would like to be in my position but i like to think of all this as a long term race and not a short term race. Im not were i want to be yet so it just gives me motivation to work even harder.

5. Who's your favorite baseball player and favorite team?

5. I don't have a favorite team but my favorite player would have to be Justin Verlander.

6. Do you see yourself long term on the mound or in the field?

6. Im defenently a pitcher

7. Last question. As you are a future Tiger, do you try to get in touch with other players who have commited there, as I know there have been a few others in your class already. And do you keep in touch with other nationally players you have played with and against?

7. Defenently, im friends with Jake Cave and Joushua Bell. I try to get in touch with other players that are highly ranked but its sometimes difficult since we all live so far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment