Monday, November 30, 2009

Q & A With Top Prospect Tyler Beede


This past weekend I was able to chat with Tyler Beede, a 6-4 185 RHP from Lawrence Academy in Auburn, MA. In Perfect Game's lastest 2011 national rankings, Beede sits at number 15 respectively and that will only go up.
1. Being one of the youngest players at this years Area Code Games, do you think it helped you both physically on the field and mentally off it, knowing you could compete with older players at a national level?
1) good question, well ill take it back a step and tell you that I wasn't even selected to the area code team at first. I ended up on the team cause stetson allie couldn't go so they asked me to tryout again and thankfully I made it. Now going in to the area codes I didn't expect a lot of playing time, then they called on me in one the biggest games against the Milwaukee brewers team. I had confidence but I didn't think id do that well, after area codes I had a lot of confidence, I got more college looks and the doors just opened up from there. It helped everything
2. Whats in your pitching repitoire and where do they clock in at? What's your favorite pitch to throw?
2) I have the regular 4 seam fastball, 1130 to 7 curveball and my favorite pitch is my change, I throw that in any count. This summer I got it up to 93 and was consistently at 88 92
3. Whats your favorite personal baseball memory?
3) id say winning a national championship with the Virginia canes 16U team this past summer. It was unreal
4. As a top ranked player in the nation and number one in your state, does it affect your daily life or how you go about pitching?
4) it doesn't effect me at all really, it motivates me more than anything because each year I need to get better and I set pretty big goals, gotta get in the weight room ever day and out work those players ahead of me. The state is very good with talent in the 2011 class and ya I'm proud of it, but my goal is number one in the country, that's where I need to be. I work towards that goal everyday.
5. Who is your favorite player and favorite team to folllow and why?
5) josh Beckett cause he's a great pitcher and my mechanics and his are very similar. The red sox by far
6. Last question. Have you given a verbal commitment to any school yet? If not, what are some of your favorites high on your list?
6) yes I've recently commited to vanderbilt university down in Nashville Tennessee, its a wonderful school coaches are unbelievable and its a perfect fit for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment